History

The Institute for Agricultural Research (IAR), Samaru was establish 1922 as the research division of the Department of Agriculture for the defunt Northern region of Nigeria. IAR was formally transfered by law to the later established Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) on October 14,1962. With the Federation of the University in 1975,the IAR was affliated in accordance with statue 14 of the of the University. IAR has been the bedrock of crop research and improvement in the savanna region of Nigeria.The re-organization of the National Agricultural Research Institution in 1987 mandated IAR to conduct research and provide service.

 

 

© 2015 All Rights Reseverd | Institute for Agricultural Research | Ahmadu Bello University Zaria